Open Web Collective (OWC) is one of the new venture firms that has been supporting new businesses in Web3 and blockchain.
Since 2020 the organization has been running demo days to showcase its startups to innovative market leaders and investors. To date, 26 companies have been showcased in 3 cohorts, having accumulated more than $315M USD.
In fact, one of their portfolio companies has even reached unicorn status.
OWC is announcing this week that on October 19th it will be hosting its fourth cohort of for its demo day, in which seven startups will be participating and exhibiting their work:
- Via Protocol: A Web3 infrastructure service that unifies all cross-chain bridges and other routers.
- Gridlock: A distributed crypto wallet that makes blockchain ownership easy and safe.
- Hashtack Finance: A provider of fast, 3rd party-free loans on the blockchain
- NFT Price Floor: A CoinGecko-style data hub and analytics platform for NFT collectors
- TokenChamp: An online arcade where your NFTs are the main characters in the games.
- Black Sheep Gaming: A tech company focused on investments in blockchain games and the metaverse
- ExxaVerse: A cross-chain game built on the Unreal Engine
Said Kendall Embs, Director of Marketing at OWC, “We’re pleased to be showcasing the startups in our 4th accelerator cohort and bringing on such distinguished guest speakers. All of these teams are innovating in consumer crypto, a core focus area for OWC and an area that will be critical for mass adoption of blockchain and Web3 technologies.”
“We are eager to connect the Web3 community to seven of the most promising startups building in the space today,” added the executive.